There many aspects parents care about when having children, probably one of the most important are to keep them busy with activities that enhance their growing experience. Children are always active, running, jumping, climbing and there isn’t always time to take them to the nearest park. On the other hand it is important for a child to relax and rest too. There are many ways where good planning and the design of your children’s room can offer you the best of both worlds.
In order to start this process, if it is possible, parents could try to find their children’s interests, this would give them a good idea on what can be focus when designing the room interior.
I have put together a few ideas that can help with this process:
- The colours in your children room can influence them in different ways, check this article explaining the effect that colours can have on children. Independently of the colour chosen, you can also decorate the walls to spur different interests in your child, like a big map of the world, perhaps the letters of the alphabet, drawings of different animals, their names or the planets and stars.
- Another way to reinforce creativity in children is to draw, a good idea would be to put a chalk board unless you think it would be too dusty, another way is to put a big roll of paper at an accessible height for them.
- You can set a board where children can hang or stick their drawings, pictures with friends, their paintings or anything that they feel more attached to, it is very important for children to have appreciation of their work and creating an exposition wall of such artworks can help you achieve this.
- As for the children’s energy it is possible to create a little circuit using the bed, a hanging net, or hanging a rope from the ceiling, they can climb and swing. You can see some options below:
- Getting your children into reading is probably one of the most important goals parents would like to achieve, creating a reading corner where you can sit with your child to relax and read is certainly one of the best ways to get them into the habit of reading.
- As parents, you want to teach your children to be neat, to accomplish this you can use a rack with cups for their different types of pens and setup specific containers with names for their toys, the use of names is very important as they will know where exactly things go and you will create the incentive of neatness and order.
- Be aware when using bunk beds to make sure the second bed is high enough for a parent to sit comfortably on the bottom and the ceiling to be high enough for the child to be able to stand on the bed, the feeling of a low ceiling can make children feel claustrophobic or feel uncomfortable when they see their parents cannot sit on the bed comfortably. Bunk beds can be good for space, but you should be careful when choosing them.
With all these tips, we can create a little adventure world for your children in their own room, where they can learn and play.